Thursday 15 January 2015

2015!


Happy New Year to you all, a little late but......

Well I have just got back to my workplace, a dark cellar in a very far off country and back to my painting table....it helps keep me sane!

Projects for this year.....
10mm League of Augsburg
10mm ACW
15mm Punic Wars Romans
15mm British Expeditionary Force for All Quiet on the Martian Front
and may be a few commissions from PAW club members

Please do stick with the blog and comments are always welcome!

First on my table

A nice pile of Punic Wars Romans, just over 500 figures in all to represent 4 legions.  These are brand new sculpts from West Wind Productions, War & Empire.  I signed up for their kickstarter last year and received the figures just before Christmas.  The minis are absolutely great! The are crisp, detailed and look great painted.  I have started on the light foot but not finished the basing yet....I will post once done.  

6 comments:

  1. Im looking forward to seeing the war and empire stuff. Would it be possible for a comparison pic between a xyston figure and a war and empire fig at some stage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should receive mine today.
    which rules will you be using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yorkie, I can do that for you.

    Sebastien I will be basing them so they can be used for FOG, Sword and Spear and Hail Caesar. Sword and Spear in the front runner at the minute as my club plays quite a lot of it and I find it easier and more enjoyable than FOG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your paint job then.
    Btw, have you tried Art de la guerre?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yorkie, comparison pic is up.

    Sebastien, no I have not seen these rules, are they good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good in my book: 2h30 of play, a cross between dbm, fog and a bit of Armati. Less minis than fog, about the same as dbm. They're a bit at my club. I've organized a club competition and so far we have 22 players. I will attend a one day event at Oxfordwith 16 players and we're already organizing international comps too.

      Delete