Wednesday 15 March 2017

War of The Roses-A new 'non' project


Ok in January I decided to start a  'non' project on a period I have liked for some time.  The final push for this project was getting a great deal on some second hand unpainted Peter Pig figures from Stuart at Colonel Bills (www.colonelbills.com).  As an aside Stuart is a great guy to do business with, both buying and selling.

Whilst at Beachhead 2017 I picked up some more figures from Peter Pig and this great little book by Peter Dennis.  Whilst this book is a self contained game using colour printed cut out armies I bought it as it has a great colour reference for painting! Oh and flags you can copy!


What you get inside, coloured figures and lots of standards.

 

Sorry picture upside down but you get the idea....



So some WIP units.  I am doing these as multi based units, I am a convert to the look of the single bases, you use fewer figures which means I can make bigger armies and they will fit in with several rule sets that I may use.  I have given up on DBM and FOG so why go with their basing convention.
Also these armies will do double duty as I can use them in my fantasy realms.
 

Obviously these figures are all Peter Pig and are great miniatures. 
I have used my, now usual style, of block painting and then applying Army Painter Dark Tone.  I really do like the look.


A group shot of the three bases I have done so far.  Two bow, 9 figures each and one of bill 10 figures.
The photos, taken on my IPhone make the blue look purple but trust me its blue.
These are all retinue troops bows painted as Somerset and bill are Edwards, I think.

Now this project will be a slow one as I will be doing the painting whilst at home rather than when away at work which is where I do the vast majority of my painting.

More to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment