Thursday, 14 March 2013

Painting Update

Ok no poor quality pictures, I will save you from that.  But that does not mean I have been lazy....if you check my painting totals you will see that they are steadily increasing, sometimes by the day!

I have painted another 10mm Confederate infantry regiment, that's 24 figures.  I love how easily and well theses figures paint up and I can not wait to base them up and finish them off once I am home.  i also added 2 artillery pieces, crews and limbers for good old southern boys!

The last of the Napoleonic commission was completed, I think, in the shape of yet another French infantry unit.  However this time I have changed it up slightly and painted them as 3rd Swiss Regiment, so red tunics with black facings.

The next commission pieces were 8 'arab' light horse, they were a mix of Essex and old Mikes Models miniatures.  Again great to paint and I was surprised how well the Mikes Models took the paint and Army Painter 'dip', looked nice (photos to come).

Mikes Models are slightly smaller than the Essex figures and they appear 'dumpy' but they have an appeal all of their own.

Next up on my painting table was my Corvus Bellie Spanish Cavalry for my Carthaginian army.  I knocked out 2 units of these, a light horse one of 8 figures and a medium cavalry unit of 12 figures.  So that gives me 3 medium cavalry units and 1 light horse unit.

I will be going home next week, so the volume of painting will decrease but I have a heap of basing to do........and I promise pictures once completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment