These bases were a commission from one of my wargames' club memebers, Mick. They came to me heavily but poorly painted so had to be stripped first. I used 'Nitromorse' paint stripper. It worked ok but took two dips and a little scrubbing.
|Arab Light Horse|
Once stripped I used my new preferred method for painting ancients.
1. Spray white
2. Block paint
3. Coat with Army Painter 'Dark Tone'
Whilst it will never produce award winning miniatures it is relatively quick compared to my normal dry brushing method and I think it produces a lovely gaming standard finish.
Mick was very pleased with the results and told me he had another 12 bases worth...so more to follow me thinks ;-)