Friday 20 January 2012

New Painting Style for Napoleonics



Ok I have decided to paint some Napoleonic for Black Powder and after reading another blog I changed my painting style. Although I said I was going to use Army Painter Dark Shade, i was too wary to carry this out so I used GW Black wash and I must say I am happy with the results.
Firstly I undercoated white, not my usual black.
Second was the block painting of the horse and rider. This was a little strange for me as I usually dry brush everything.

So here they are together fully block painted, now this definitely does not float my boat and one of the reasons I wargame is that I like nicely painted minitures.
But after a wash of GW Black wash and then highlight the white bits, just for effect the finished unit passes muster!
So a unit of Bavarian Cavalry ready to take to the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment