Sunday 20 February 2011

Flames of War Soviets

The Russians Are Coming!!!!!!!

My other purchase at PAW2011 was a few boxes of The Plastic Soldier Company's 15mm Russians for the nice man of Baker Company.

I bought 2 boxes of Infantry and 4 boxes of T34s. This will give me over 200 infantry and 20 tanks. I must admit I was a little disappointed that the infantry did not come with any support weapons Maxims, mortars and the like. Hopefully PSC will make separate boxes of them along with other goodies. Anyway it is enough to get me started.


Here is a sub-machine gunner, with the base coat applied, Battlefront's German Armour. Also this guy comes in two pieces, the body and the arms/weapon. I thought this would be a pain but actually it was quite straight forward. As you can see for plastic there is plenty of detail.

I decided to do one test piece, hence the guy above. As I said the primer was Battlefront's German Armour, I have then just picked out the details..... helmet, flesh, weapon, webbing and boots.


Once that is dry I applied a coat Games Workshop Devlan Mud was. I am never too sure of using these washes as they can make the figures too dark and 'dirty' looking but actually it works really well on WW2 Russians.
As you can see, not the best pictures in the world but you get the idea. This method is new for me and a little alien compared to my drybrushing but it should make this a nice and quick army to paint up.
Watch this space...................

No comments:

Post a Comment