The pictures below are my first take on a Nurgle PlaugeBlight, an Epic 40K VTOL.
The first picture shows the basic model that I used for the conversion. It is a Mech Warrior plastic model of a Hawk Moth Gunship. It makes the perfect base.
The next shots show the basic paint job I did on it so that the Mech colours would be hidden and I had a plain base to begin with. I used a green mix for the bodywork and then GW Bleach Bone for the engines and weapons. As this blog grows you will see the theme of 'bone' coloured weapons for my Epic Nurgle army.
A liberal application of Green Stuff, I use pre-mixed MMD Green Putty. It is quick, simple and dries quite fast. As you can see there was no real need for 'modelling' the putty just a rough coating and then some tweaking with a toothpick to create the 'holes'.
Once the putty was dry I applied a good coating of GW Devlan Mud wash, I love the stuff it does so much to improve the look of the model.
The final step was a gentle dry brushing of GW Bleach Bone over the bone coloured areas to add a little highlighting.
The model was then sealed with a spray of Army Painter Anti Shine Matt Varnish.