Monday 6 July 2020

Battle of Raphia 15mm

Over a few years I have been collecting and painting Xyston 15mm figures to represent the armies of Ptolemy and Seleucid.  This project is just about finished, painting wise with the last batch of elephants to complete.
However the enforced period at home, due to no international flights gave me an opportunity to do the basing of these armies.
These, not so great pictures will give you an idea of how they have come out.
I intended to do a 'parade' of the armies laid out for battle, but that will have to wait until I am home next.  
Enjoy the eye candy.

 Ptolmey's elephants

 Ptolmey's Generals and cavalry


 Seleucid Generals 

Greek mercenaries and Asiatic troops

Greek skirmishers


Arabs

Companions

Greek light horse, Hellenistic Thracian's in this case 

Galatians

Greek skirmishers

 Greek mercenaries

Ptolemy's Basakil and 'Peltats' long spear and pike armed elites 


Seleucid Pike







I promise better photos and the correct descriptions off of the army lists once I get home

2 comments: